Ph.D. and Master's Programs
The Tufts Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (GSAS) offers eleven
doctoral programs and nineteen master's degree programs in a wide
variety of arts and sciences disciplines, from art history, education,
occupational therapy, and public policy to high-energy physics and
biology. The GSAS also offers combined-degree and joint-degree programs
that allow students to combine into a single degree the study programs
of two separate but interrelated degree programs.
Ph.D. and Master's programs are offered in the following areas.
- Art and Art History: M.A.
- Art History and Museum Studies: M.A.
- Art Education: M.A.T.
- Biology: M.S., Ph.D.
- Chemistry: M.S., Ph.D.
- Chemistry-Biotechnology: Ph.D.
- Chemistry-Chemical Physics: Ph.D.
- Child Development: M.A., M.A.T., Ph.D.
- Classical Archaeology: M.A.
- Classics: M.A.
- Drama: M.A., Ph.D.
- Economics: M.S.
- Education: M.A., M.S., M.A.T., Ph.D.
- English: Ph.D.
- French: M.A.
- German: M.A.
- History: M.A., Ph.D.
- History and Museum Studies: M.A.
- Interdisciplinary Doctorate: Ph.D.
- Mathematics: M.S., Ph.D.
- Museum Education: M.A.
- Music: M.A.
- Occupational Therapy: M.S., O.T.D.
- Philosophy: M.A.
- Physics: M.S., Ph.D.
- Physics-Chemical Physics: Ph.D.
- Psychology: Ph.D.
- Psychology-Cognitive Science: Ph.D.
- Public Policy: M.P.P.
- School Psychology: M.A., Ed.S.
- Studio Art: M.F.A.
- Urban and Environmental Policy and Planning (UEP): M.A.